What is Test Automation?
Test automation is teaching a computer to perform tasks that a person would normally do when testing software. Instead of a person clicking buttons or typing commands to check if the software works correctly, you create programs or scripts that do these actions automatically.
The benefit of learning Test Automation.
It’s like having a golden ticket in the tech world! Employers are hunting for folks who can automate tests. Learning test automation isn’t just about testing software. It’s about supercharging your career growth and landing those dream job opportunities!
The benefit of learning Python and Selenium.
Python is a versatile language, and when paired with Selenium, it’s a magic wand for automating tests across different platforms and systems. Mastering Python and Selenium isn’t just about coding and testing, it’s about accelerating your career, standing out in the job market, and becoming a sought-after tech pro!
The objective of Learning Test Automation with Python and Selenium
? Test Automation Fun! Learning Python and Selenium is like getting a rocket for testing – it speeds things up and makes testing a blast!
? Time Saver Extraordinaire: You’ll automate tasks, freeing up time for cool, creative parts of software building! ⏰?
? Bug Buster Master: With Python and Selenium, you’re like a superhero spotting bugs in software – it’s a fun game of finding and squashing bugs! ?♂️?
?? Career Power-Up: Think of these skills as your secret power-up for landing awesome tech jobs! ?
? Teamwork Champion: You’ll be the team hero, making everyone’s work easier with your magical automation skills! ?♀️????
?️ Versatile Skills: They work everywhere! It’s like having a Swiss Army knife for software testing! ?
?️ Software Guardian: You’ll be the hero who stops problems before they cause chaos. That’s the power of Python and Selenium! ??️
???✨Learning test automation with Python and Selenium is like having a super fun buddy helping you test software like a pro while leveling up your tech career! ???✨
Module 1: Introduction to Test Automation
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of test automation, its significance in modern software development, and the foundational principles essential for successful automation endeavors.
- Understanding Test Automation Fundamentals
- Definition and significance of test automation in the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Advantages and challenges associated with automation testing.
- Role of Automation Tools in Software Testing
- Overview of popular automation tools and their specific applications in different testing scenarios.
- Understanding the role of automation frameworks in efficient test automation.
- Introduction to Scripting Languages in Test Automation
- Comparison of scripting languages commonly used in automation testing.
- Focus on Python’s role and relevance in test automation due to its simplicity and versatility.
- Automation Planning and Strategy
- Understanding when to automate and when not to automate test cases.
- Developing an effective automation strategy and choosing suitable test cases for automation.
- Automation Implementation Challenges and Best Practices
- Identification and mitigation of challenges in automation scripting.
- Introducing best practices for creating maintainable, scalable, and reusable automation scripts.
- Automation Metrics and ROI
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and effectiveness of test automation.
- Understanding how to calculate and demonstrate the ROI of test automation initiatives.
- Introduction to Hands-on Automation Tools
- Introduction to a selected automation tool (like Selenium, Appium, etc.) to demonstrate basic functionalities.
- Brief overview and hands-on experience with scripting simple automation scenarios.
Module 2: Fundamentals of Python for Test Automation
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to equip participants with foundational Python programming skills essential for effective utilization in test automation scenarios.
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Overview of Python: its syntax, readability, and widespread adoption in various domains.
- Understanding Python’s versatility and suitability for automation scripting.
- Variables, Data Types, and Operators in Python
- Understanding different data types: integers, floats, strings, booleans, etc.
- Exploring various operators: arithmetic, comparison, logical, and assignment operators.
- Control Structures and Flow Control in Python
- Introduction to control structures: if statements, loops (for, while), and conditional statements.
- Implementing flow control for decision-making and repetitive tasks in Python scripts.
- Functions and Modules in Python
- Defining and using functions to encapsulate reusable code.
- Organizing code into modules for better code management and reusability.
- Exception Handling in Python
- Understanding exceptions and their role in managing errors in Python programs.
- Implementing try-except blocks to handle exceptions gracefully in automation scripts.
- Practical Application of Python for Test Automation
- Writing basic Python scripts for automating simple tasks or scenarios.
- Practical exercises to reinforce Python programming skills in an automation context.
- Recap of fundamental Python concepts covered in the module.
Module 3: Introduction to Selenium WebDriver with Python
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to introduce participants to Selenium WebDriver and its integration with Python for web automation purposes.
- Understanding Selenium and Its Role in Automation
- Introduction to Selenium as a powerful tool for automating web applications.
- Understanding the advantages and capabilities of Selenium WebDriver.
- Setting Up Selenium WebDriver with Python
- Installing necessary components and dependencies for Selenium with Python.
- Configuring the Selenium WebDriver environment for Python-based automation.
- Basic Interactions with Web Elements using Selenium and Python
- Identifying and interacting with various web elements (e.g., text fields, buttons) using Selenium WebDriver in Python.
- Writing simple Selenium scripts to perform basic operations on web elements.
- Navigation and Browser Control with Selenium WebDriver
- Navigating through different pages and URLs using Selenium WebDriver.
- Controlling browser behavior (maximizing windows, handling alerts, etc.) using Python scripts.
- Handling Synchronization and Waits in Selenium with Python
- Understanding synchronization challenges in web applications and their impact on automation.
- Implementing implicit and explicit waits in Selenium with Python to handle timing issues and ensure reliable automation.
- Practical Application
- Recap of Selenium WebDriver basics and their integration with Python.
- Hands-on exercises to practice writing Python scripts using Selenium WebDriver for basic web automation tasks.
- Suggestions for practicing and exploring more complex scenarios using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
Module 4: Web Element Locators and Interactions
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to familiarize participants with various web element locators and enable them to interact proficiently with web elements using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Understanding Web Element Locators
- Overview of common web element locators: ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, etc.
- Understanding the structure and syntax of each locator type for effective element identification.
- Locating Web Elements using Selenium WebDriver and Python
- Practical exercises to demonstrate the use of different locators to find web elements.
- Writing Python scripts to interact with various types of web elements (text fields, buttons, dropdowns, etc.).
- XPath and CSS Selectors for Web Element Identification
- Understanding the usage and advantages of XPath and CSS Selectors in locating elements.
- Practical examples and exercises to use XPath and CSS Selectors effectively in Selenium scripts.
- Strategies for Reliable Element Identification
- Techniques to create reliable and maintainable locators for web elements.
- Handling complex scenarios and dynamic elements while ensuring stable element identification.
- Handling Different Types of Web Elements
- Interacting with different types of elements: textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, dropdowns, etc., using Selenium WebDriver in Python.
- Implementing specific interaction scenarios with these elements using Python scripts.
- Application Scenarios
- Recap of web element locators, interaction strategies, and best practices.
- Practical application through exercises and scenarios simulating real-world web interactions.
- Encouragement for continual practice and experimentation with web element interactions using Selenium and Python.
Module 5: Handling Dynamic Elements and Waits in Python
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to equip participants with the skills to effectively handle dynamic web elements and implement waits using Selenium WebDriver in Python for stable and reliable test automation.
- Understanding Dynamic Elements in Web Automation
- Explanation of dynamic content in web applications and its behavior during automation.
- Identification of various types of dynamic elements (loading elements, AJAX calls, etc.) that affect automation scripts.
- Implementing Implicit and Explicit Waits in Selenium with Python
- Explaining the concept of implicit and explicit waits in Selenium WebDriver.
- Demonstrating the usage of waits to manage different types of dynamic elements effectively.
- Handling AJAX Calls and Dynamic Loading Elements
- Techniques to handle asynchronous behavior caused by AJAX calls.
- Implementing waits and dynamic element identification to handle dynamically loaded content.
- Dealing with Timing Issues and Synchronization Problems
- Identifying synchronization problems and their impact on automation script execution.
- Techniques to overcome timing issues and ensure script stability through synchronized waits.
- Best Practices for Efficiently Handling Dynamic Elements
- Strategies to create robust and resilient scripts capable of handling dynamic content.
- Recommendations for maintaining synchronization and stability in the presence of dynamic elements.
- Practical Application and Exercises
- Hands-on exercises simulating various dynamic element scenarios.
- Applying waits and handling dynamic elements using Selenium WebDriver in Python scripts.
- Recap of techniques for handling dynamic elements and implementing waits in Python-based automation.
- Encouragement for continual practice and experimentation with dynamic element scenarios.
Module 6: Advanced Interactions and Actions in Python
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to enable participants to perform advanced interactions with web elements using Selenium WebDriver in Python, encompassing complex user interactions and actions.
- Exploring Advanced User Interactions
- Understanding the intricacies of simulating complex user interactions on web applications.
- Introduction to scenarios requiring advanced interactions (drag-and-drop, mouse hover, context menus, etc.).
- Leveraging the Actions Class in Selenium
- Understanding the Actions class and its role in performing complex interactions.
- Practical examples demonstrating the implementation of Actions class methods for various interactions.
- Mouse and Keyboard Actions with Python
- Simulating mouse actions (clicking, double-clicking, dragging) programmatically.
- Implementing keyboard actions (typing, key combinations) using Selenium in Python scripts.
- Managing Multiple Windows and Frames
- Techniques for identifying, switching, and managing multiple browser windows in automation.
- Strategies to interact with elements within iframes using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Handling Complex Interaction Scenarios
- Advanced scenarios such as handling file uploads, handling alerts, and confirming dialog boxes.
- Implementing interaction sequences for complex user workflows using Selenium and Python.
- Practical Applications
- Recap of advanced interaction methods and actions available in Selenium WebDriver with Python.
- Hands-on exercises simulating complex user interactions and actions in real-world scenarios.
- Encouragement for continual practice and experimentation with advanced interactions.
Module 7: Page Object Model (POM) with Python
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to introduce participants to the Page Object Model (POM) design pattern and its implementation using Selenium WebDriver and Python for maintaining scalable and maintainable automation frameworks.
- Introduction to Page Object Model (POM)
- Understanding the principles of POM: separating page elements and functionalities into separate classes.
- Advantages of POM in improving code maintainability, reusability, and scalability.
- Designing Page Objects in Python
- Creating Page Object classes to represent individual web pages or components.
- Mapping web elements and actions into Page Object classes using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Organizing Page Elements and Actions
- Grouping related elements and functionalities within Page Object classes.
- Techniques for maintaining consistency and readability within Page Object classes.
- Implementing POM in Test Automation Framework
- Demonstrating the usage of Page Object Model within automation scripts.
- Refactoring existing scripts to implement POM design principles.
- Handling Page Navigation and Flows
- Strategies for handling page navigation within the context of Page Object Model.
- Implementing flows between multiple pages using Page Object classes.
- Advanced POM Techniques and Best Practices
- Managing dynamic elements within Page Object classes.
- Best practices for maintaining and updating Page Object repositories.
- Practical Application and Exercises
- Hands-on exercises to create and utilize Page Object classes in automation scripts.
- Recap of Page Object Model concepts and its application in Python-based test automation.
Module 8: Test Frameworks and Reporting in Python
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to introduce participants to test frameworks and reporting mechanisms in Python for efficient test execution, management, and result analysis in automation.
- Introduction to Test Frameworks
- Understanding the role of test frameworks in structuring and organizing test suites.
- Overview of popular Python test frameworks: unittest, pytest, and their key features.
- Working with Unittest Framework
- Creating test classes, test methods, and fixtures using unittest.
- Running and organizing tests with unittest and leveraging its assertion methods.
- Leveraging Pytest for Test Automation
- Syntax and features of pytest: fixtures, parameterized tests, test discovery, etc.
- Comparing pytest functionalities with unittest for efficient test development.
- Test Execution and Management
- Executing test suites, grouping tests, and managing test execution flow.
- Organizing test cases, suites, and handling dependencies within the chosen framework.
- Test Reporting and Result Analysis
- Generating test reports and summaries using built-in features of test frameworks.
- Integrating external reporting libraries for enhanced test reporting capabilities.
- Custom Reporting and Visualization
- Customizing test reports to suit specific project requirements.
- Utilizing visualization libraries to represent test results graphically.
- Continuous Integration (CI) Integration
- Overview of CI/CD pipelines and integrating Python test automation with popular CI tools (e.g., Jenkins, Travis CI).
- Configuring and triggering automated test runs as part of the CI/CD process.
- Practical Application and Hands-on Exercises
- Hands-on exercises to create and execute test suites, generate reports and analyze results.
- Simulating CI integration for automated test execution.
- Recap of important concepts and techniques covered in the module.
Module 9: Debugging and Troubleshooting in Python Automation
Objective: The primary objective of this module is to equip participants with debugging strategies, techniques, and tools essential for identifying and resolving issues in Python-based test automation.
- Understanding the Debugging Process
- Understanding common challenges in automation and the need for effective debugging.
- Overview of the debugging workflow and strategies to approach troubleshooting.
- Debugging Techniques in Selenium Automation
- Handling common issues in Selenium WebDriver scripts: element not found, synchronization problems, etc.
- Logging mechanisms and techniques to capture relevant information during test execution.
- Error Handling and Exception Debugging
- Understanding different types of exceptions and error handling techniques.
- Implementing try-except blocks and handling exceptions gracefully in automation scripts.
- Troubleshooting Framework Failures
- Analyzing and diagnosing failures within test frameworks (unittest, pytest) using Python.
- Techniques for identifying and resolving framework-specific issues in test automation.
- Logging and Reporting for Troubleshooting
- Implementing logging practices in automation scripts for capturing debug information.
- Generating detailed reports and logs to aid in post-execution analysis and troubleshooting.
- Practical Debugging Scenarios and Exercises
- Hands-on exercises simulating real-world debugging scenarios in automation scripts.
- Troubleshooting exercises to identify and resolve common issues encountered in automation.
Module 10: Advanced Topics in Selenium with Python
Objective: Delve into advanced scenarios and specialized areas within Selenium automation using Python.
- Handling complex scenarios like file uploads, pop-ups, and iframes using Python.
Module 11: Real-world Projects and Case Studies in Python Automation
Objective: Apply acquired skills to practical scenarios through hands-on projects.
- Engaging participants in real-world automation projects.
- Analyzing and resolving actual automation challenges using Python.
Certificates will be awarded to participants at the end of training.
Seats are limited. To confirm your enrollment, pay the course fee @
|Prime Bank Limited
And mail us after paying the course fee.
For registration or information please call or contact any of the following addresses
Mobile & WhatsApp: +8801712742217
- Lectures 61
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 48 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 145
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Manual Testing
- Programming Language Basics